Monday, February 18, 2013

Sunshine.



Last week my lover Natalie at Fit.Fun.Femme. nominated me  for the Sunshine Award.  Nat is my best friend from law school, and she writes her blog with another law school (related) friend of ours Sara (her husband Ben was in school with us).  They're both Florida girls too. Sara is a crazy strong yogi and Natalie is a runner, so go check them out!

But first…the important stuff.

Rules:
If nominated for this award, you must include a link in your blog to the person/blog that nominated you. You must also answer some questions about yourself, nominate fellow bloggers, link their blogs in your post, and inform them that they have been nominated.

And now…the good stuff.

Who is your favorite philosopher?  Phil Dunphy.  "When life gives you lemonade, make lemons.  Life will be all like 'Whaaat?!'"  Just kidding.  I guess Martin Luther King, Jr. isn't technically a philosopher either, but I don't think you can go wrong following his advice.  "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.  Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
  
What is your favorite number?  7.  It was my soccer jersey number for like, 15 years.

What is your favorite animal?  This is boring, but dogs, of course!  Specifically these two:
{My bubbas, Charlie and Penny.}

What are your facebook and twitter?  My Twitter is @PennyCharlie.  My Facebook is just my personal one, and it's pretty much on lockdown.

What is your favorite time of the day? Definitely evening.  I'm a night owl... I feel like I don't really get fired up until at least 8pm, which, now that I'm not in school and have to (pretend to) be a real adult, is very inconvenient.  

What is your favorite holiday?  I mean, of course I love Christmas because I love being all together with my family.  (Also gifts and quality time are my main love languages, so Christmas is a good day for me.)  But I also really, really love the Fourth of July.  It's summer, there's usually a body of water nearby that I can get into, and it all ends with fireworks!  Fireworks fascinate me... I never get tired of them.
{Last year in New Smyrna.}


What is your favorite physical activity?  Running, water skiing, and snowboarding.
{Wakeboarding... which is none of the above, but the best I could do.}


What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Natty's answer was red Gatorade, which I'm stealing, because it's true.  It is the best... it makes everything better.  I also really love Cheerwine.  I hardly ever drink coffee, so in law school I used to come to class in the morning with a Cheerwine instead (in a koozie, with a straw).  People thought it was weird, but whatever.

What is your favorite flower?  Hydrangeas.  J bought me these for Valentine's Day!
{Blue hydrangeas and my new ottoman that I still can't believe J let me put in the house.}


What is your passion? Helping people who don't have the power to help themselves, and doing my best to fight injustice and inequality.  That sounds really... full of myself... but I'm only gonna get one shot at this whole "life" deal (I think), so I'm trying to do it right.



No comments:

Post a Comment