Sunday, November 4, 2012

My First DNS.

Aww, my first DNS.  

I was supposed to run the Governor's Cup this weekend, but it didn't happen.  I signed up to run this race because my parents have never seen me run, and they were planning to be in town this weekend.  But a lot of stuff happened between when I signed up and Saturday... none of it good.  There was bad news, bad news, and more bad news.  (They say bad things some in threes, so our family should definitely be DONE for a while.)  I ended up making 2 unplanned trips to Florida, which wasn't great for my running schedule, and when it became clear that my parents wouldn't be able to make the trip up here, I dropped down the 8k.  Then on Saturday morning, I woke up, and it was freezing, and I was tired, and bottom line... I just wasn't feeling it.  Running is supposed to be fun, not something I feel like I have to do.  So I want to back to sleep for another hour and a half, and it was glorious.

I did actually go for a run on Saturday (a fast one!), but I went because I wanted to, not because I had to.



And now there are more races on calendar.  Ones that I actually WANT to run, starting with a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day.  And what I'm really looking forward to is getting back on the trails.  I'll be running the Rudolph's Rampage 10k in December, and then the Mountain in the Middle Distance TBD in January.  And there are more in the works, as always. :)

Did you race this weekend?  How did it go?

2 comments:

  1. I think its a good decision to not run when you don't feel like it. This is how people fall out of love with running. Good decision. And sorry to hear about bad news with your family :( Hope everything works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I am with you on that "threes" thing. Within a week Russ' grandpa died, my family dog had to be put down, and Russ' car had to be towed. I think you made the right decision! I didn't run a race (it was raining, but not cancelled) in September because I just wasn't feeling it, and honestly, I'm fine with it. It happens! Hope all is okay with your fam.

    ReplyDelete