Saturday, November 10, 2012

Flashback.

I went on a run this morning.  It wasn't good... Garmin wouldn't locate any satellites even though there wasn't a cloud in the sky, and then it malfunctioned at some point in the first mile and clocked me in at +12:00 minutes.  Lame.  Then it didn't lap for 2 miles until very near the 2.5mi marker on the path.  Also lame.  Plus I forgot to wear sunscreen, and I worried about it the whole time because I do stuff like that.  Again, lame.

You know what's not lame?  2001.  Check it out.


That's me on the right.  I ran CC during my senior year.  I wasn't really so interested in it at the time.  One of my teachers, who was the CC coach, recruited me really hard to run for him, and I figured it would be a good way to stay in shape for soccer (my jam) over the summer, so I did it.  Also, there was a reallllly hot guy on the boys' team, so, you know.  


I was reasonably fast.  Probably would've been faster if I had some decent running shoes.  Those suckers must have weighed several pounds each.  

Speaking of shoes, these beauties were delivered on Wednesday.  They're the same as my old pair, but in the prettiest color combo that ever existed... orange + blue.  Love.

1 comment:

  1. look how perfect your form was?! I would kill for that nice strong hips, landing on mid/fore foot form!!!

    ReplyDelete