Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Round 2.

So kind of on a whim a few weeks ago, I registered to run the Governor's Cup on November 3.  This is one of Columbia's biggest running events, and it's celebrating the 40th running this year.  It is not an easy course.  There is a long uphill in the second half and a pretty killer last half mile to top it off, but it starts on Gervais Street right in front of the Statehouse and ends on the other side, at the Horseshoe on Carolina's campus, which is cool.



My parents are coming into town, and they haven't seen me run a race yet.  Since I knew I'd still be in shape from Georgetown, I figured I might as well piggyback onto that training and get one more half marathon under my belt.

This is my plan:


Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
1
Rest
Rest
Rest
Yoga
Barre
Easy 3 mi
Easy 3 mi
2
Rest
Easy 4mi
Barre
Easy 5mi
Rest
Rest
Easy 5mi
3
Rest
6-7mi
Barre
Easy 3-4mi
Rest
RACE DAY!


To be clear, this is Week 2.  I had to go home to Florida unexpectedly last week so I didn't make it to yoga or barre, but luckily Pinterest saved the day with some workouts that were easy to do when I only had a few minutes.  I did go out for some easy miles this weekend and felt fine, so I think that's a good sign.  

I am not planning to race-race this race, if you know what I mean.  Running a half is still hard for me... I get that it's not something that is supposed to be easy, but what I mean is that it's the longest I've ever run, and I've only done it twice, so even if I'm not race-racing, it's still a hard effort.  So this time I just want to have fun running through my "hometown" (I do not yet claim Columbia) and finish in a respectable time.

No comments:

Post a Comment