Sunday, June 17, 2012

Trailblazin'.

This Saturday I finally convinced J to try out the trails at Harbison State Forest with me.  I think we were both surprised at how much we loved it.  We ran the Midlands Mountain Trail -  approximately 4 miles, kinda hilly, and mostly shaded.  



We ran in the heat of the day (we got out there at like 12:45) but the shade made it bearable.  I'm gonna need some trail shoes if we're gonna keep doing it because I tripped several times and very nearly twisted my ankle.  Woops.  But it was so pretty, it was totally worth it.


Definitely slower than my road paces, a better workout too.  My legs are sore in different places than usual, which feels really good, actually.  

We will definitely be doing trail runs more often!  If you can offer any advices about shoes/gear, let me know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment