Sunday, May 20, 2012

Blank.

Yeah, like my race schedule currently.  Womp.  Womp.


The problem is that summer/early fall is a pretty dead time for races around here.  There are plenty of 5Ks, but anything longer than that is few and far between.  I would really like to try another half at the end of the summer, but I don't know if that's gonna work out.  If you know a good half in September, let me know!


So since I don't really have anything to train for... uh... I haven't really been training.  I've just been running when I want, how far I want, how fast I want.  This non-training is actually purposeful though.  I really want to work on building a base this summer so that I can train for a marathon in early 2013.  To date, that 13.1 is my longest run ever, so I do need to work on that.  


Starting this week, I'm back to actually making a train plan, but I'm only doing about 7-10 days at a time, and I'm staying super flexible.  If I feel like I need more rest, I'll take it.  And if I feel like I need to shift some workouts around, that's fine too.


Here's what I've got so far...



After this weekend, I'll be adding some longer runs to the Saturday/Sunday schedule.  But this weekend is special because we're going to the mountains.  There will be hiking, and also probably a decent amount of tequila, so I'm keeping things (semi) realistic and only putting 3 miles on for Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have the perfect attitude for the summer around here! It is tough to train through the summer because it is so darn hot! The only 1/2 I know of locally in September is the one in Asheville. It was absurdly hilly but pretty if you are up for a challenge! I am sure there is something else close though?! Let me know if you find a good one!

    ReplyDelete