Monday, April 16, 2012

Mish Mash.


Sorry for the radio silence over here.  I have actually been running these past 2 weeks.  In fact, on April 7, J and I ran another 5K and I'm pretty sure I PR'ed.  I've been waiting to post about it because I was hoping that the official results and photos would be posted by now, but no such luck.  So anyway, here's a quick rundown...


We ran the Fallen Heroes 5K in honor of Fargo, a K9 officer who was shot and killed in Columbia last fall.  His human officer/partner, Warren, is a Crossfitter with us, so the gym organized a team in Fargo's honor.  It was a super small race, and it's put on by the ROTC program at Carolina, so it was a pretty fun.  It was cool to see firefighters, soldiers, and policemen/women out there running in full gear.


{Team bandanas - Warren and Fargo}

Like I said, I'm pretty sure I PR'ed by a few seconds.  The time on my Garmin was 25:24, which would be a 15 second PR, but I'm curious to see that the official results say.

My runs this week were 5 miles and 7 miles.  I wanted to get in another 2-3 miles but my legs have been hurting AGAIN.  I'm afraid I can feel the shin splints starting again, and it's seriously bumming me out.  I also banged up both of my knees this week... two different doors, same day.  So I have some lumps and bruises I'm contending with, and an extra rest day was necessary.  Lame.  But nevertheless on Wednesday I managed 5 miles at about a 9:30 pace and today I did 7 (including a very slow and creaky mile warm up).  I ran it as a tempo run - my first and last miles were avg 9:15 pace and the middle 4 averaged 8:48.

My leg has been hurting a little bit since I got home, so I'm icing it as much as I can without giving myself frostbite.  And my friend at work gave me the info for her "healer" (aka massage therapist) so I'm making an appointment to be healed later this week.  

PS - It's BOSTON today!  Good luck running friends!  Please be safe.



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your 5K PR! Even if the race results aren't official yet, I think that it totally counts :)

    Yeah I'm super clumsy and I tend to bump into doors and edges and end up with random bruises way too often.

    ReplyDelete