Monday, March 26, 2012

High Five.

Only two runs happened this week, which is super lame of me, but sometimes life happens, right?  I really need to work on becoming a morning runner.  I get out of work at 5, generally, so I always feel like I have plenty of time to go workout, but then after work commitments tend to pop up and I feel like I can't say no, so then the gym doesn't happen.  Lame.


Anyway, on Tuesday, I decided to brave the outdoors (it's allergy season so outside is not my friend right now) and go running down at the river.  It was windy down there which was nice because it kept everything from being covered in pollen.  Also, there is wisteria blooming everywhere so it smelled delicious too.  However, that was about the only nice thing about the run.  It was seriously painful... my calves were SO tight and achy.  Probably because I wore some pretty ridiculous heels to work that day.  Not smart.  


{See.  Pretty!}

Anyway, the plan was 1 warm up mile, 2 miles at short tempo, which should be around 8:40, and 1 cool down.  That did NOT happen.  I started with a warm up mile, but when I tried to pick it up, it just wasn't happening.  I settled for MGP and did the 2 middle miles at 9:01 and 9:03, then cooled down and called it a day.  

Moving on.  Today I did 5 miles, also at MGP, my longest run since the stress fracture.  I somehow hit the lap button at some random interval, so my splits are all funky, but I averaged 8:58, so that was actually much better than expected.  J and I have had a bit of a boozy weekend, and sadly, I am way too old for that shizz.  Drinking multiple beers on consecutive days really wears me out.  So lame.

Friday's booziness:

{I know it's hard to tell, but that's Zac Brown. Eeek!}

Anyway, hopefully there will be more sweating this week.  We're headed to Charleston on Friday for the Cooper River Bridge Run.  I am so, so pumped.  I've never run a race this big before (43,000 people!), and I can't wait.  I've also never run a 10k, so it will be an automatic PR.

Hope y'all had a good weekend.  Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Two runs aren't bad at all if they are solid runs and sounds like they were pretty good! Good luck this weekend in Charleston...one of these days I will make it down there for the race. I have a wedding this weekend, so I couldn't go! And I LOVE Zac Brown!!

    ReplyDelete