Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Gimpy Update

A little gimpy update for y'all... 

Monday marks the start of Week 6.  Generally, six to eight weeks is the recovery time frame for a stress fracture or shin splints, so this means that the end is in sight!  I am beyond excited... only seven more days and I can start to introduce some running back into my routine.  I'm talking a mile at a time, really slow and easy, but it will be running nonetheless.  And of course there will be lots of stretching and rolling afterwards, which, I'm ashamed to say, I haven't been very good about lately.  

But none of this is what I really want to talk about.  What I want to talk about is the New River Half Marathon.  Because I registered for it last night!  It's the weekend after my birthday (and J's birthday since we're one day apart), and it's in the mountains (the mountains around Asheville are one of my favorite places in the entire world), so sweet J agreed to go up there for the weekend.  He's going to run the 5K, and I'm going to get another shot a half, since I will be missing the one here in Columbia.  We're going to stay at this cute little B&B, and, aside from the race, probably do nothing.  I am super pumped.

{Mountains in the fall}

I'm gonna need to do some serious hill training... 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Sounds like fun! I might just have to check that one out :)

    ReplyDelete