Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tempo Run: Ice Cold Edition

Remember when I complained about running in 55 degree weather?  Well today, it was 34 degrees when I decided it was time for a run.  Thankfully, my mom and brother hooked me up with some cold weather running gear at Christmas, so I was semi-warm at least.  Thanks guys!


I was worried about this run because I felt like I had to work so hard on Saturday, and I was supposed to hit some of the same paces today.  The plan was 1 mile easy (10:00ish), 2 MT (8:40), 1 easy, 2 MT, 1 easy.  (It was the same run I did when I was home at Christmas.)  I don't know if I was just having a better day or if there's something about this format that works for me, but I felt really good.  My shins behaved (they may have been frozen), and I just felt glad to be running.  I hit all of my splits except one... I will win against this hill someday.  On Saturday, it took 10 seconds off my pace.  Today it took 4.  I'm coming for you, big ugly hill.



Heyyy, Garmin.  Look at you all fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment