Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gimpy Workouts - Week 1

I'm working on making a full 7 week schedule for myself, but it's not finished yet, so I'm just posting the first week.  I made the decision to put my Crossfit membership on hold for the next 2 months, and I joined the Y on Friday so that I can have access to a pool.  I've been once, and I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would.  (I can swim, have been able to since I was very little, but I usually choose not to unless I'm at the lake and I need to get my ski or something.  I've certainly never done it for exercise.)  The main problem is the boredom, but I ordered a waterproof pouch and headphones for my iPod, which should be here on Tuesday, so hopefully that will help.

Anyway, I'm easing into the pool running routine this week with 3 days in the water, 2 days of Pilates + Abs, and 1 day of upper body weight training.  I may end up substituting Tuesday's Pilates/Abs workout with another day in the pool depending on how my legs are feeling.


Have you tried pool running?  How do you fight the boredom?

1 comment:

  1. Soo...you got the headphones. Now I am curious if you snagged a one piece swim suit too?! Good luck with the workouts!

    ReplyDelete