Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tempo Run: Lakefront Edition

I've been majorly slack on the blogging lately, but I haven't been slack on my running at least.  I've done two interval runs that have gone undocumented.  This tempo run that I did on the day after Christmas was my favorite training run so far.


I thought for sure it was going to be horrible - I was running late in the afternoon, hadn't really eaten anything, and I had indulged rather freely on Christmas dinner and Christmas cocktails the day before.  But once I actually got out and did it, I felt fantastic.  My breathing was awesome, and nothing was achy until the very end when I started feeling my hip flexors a little bit.  Plus, I was running in my parents' neighborhood which is just hilly enough to keep things interesting, the lake and oak trees are beautiful, and the temperature was perfect.


{Backyard} 

The plan was 7 miles - 1 @ easy pace (10:00), 2 @ MT (8:40), 1 easy, 2 MT, 1 easy.  

Mile 1 - 9:46
Mile 2 - 8:36
Mile 3 - 8:36
Mile 4 - 9:42
Mile 5 - 8:30
Mile 6 - 8:31
Mile 7 - 9:32

J got me a Garmin Forerunner 405 for Christmas, so from here on out, my splits will be all official looking.  Hold on to your hats, peeps!

1 comment: